Wise cracking kids and dinner ideas. What more could you ask for?

Updates on kids and family, plus yummy recipes!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

You're never to old to listen to your mother

For the last week, I have had a cough. It has gotten worse every day. My mother has been pestering me for the last 4 days about going into the doctor. After waking up several times last night with terrible coughing fits, I caved. I went to see Dr. Corry this morning. Looks like I have pneumonia. Aww, shucks. I don't think I will be able to live this one down for a very long time. Even Peggy got in on it. She heard my cough at Aunt Margaret's funeral and said she thought it was pneumonia. When I went in this morning, I was willing to concede that I may have bronchitis. No such luck. I am on a z-pack and a cough suppressant that knocks me out for about an hour at a time. Dr. Corry says if I don't improve by Thursday, he wants me to have a chest x-ray. I guess I get to play it by ear for a few days. i just hope I will be able to make to Liza's St. Patrick's Day party. I have been looking forward to it for weeks.

Ok, so to my mom and to Peggy, you were right. I should have listened to you a week ago.

Today's Menu: Throat soothing smoothie
2 cups frozen fruit, I used nectarines
1 carton vanilla yogurt
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp agave nectar

Blend and let the cool drink refresh a throat that is sore from coughing for more than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment