Wise cracking kids and dinner ideas. What more could you ask for?

Updates on kids and family, plus yummy recipes!!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Thank you Trenton, NJ BBB

For weeks I have been getting no where with Cuisinart about my rebate. After emails and phone calls for an entire month, I finally filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Trenton, NJ. Monday I filed the complaint, Tuesday I got an email from the BBB saying my complaint had been forwarded to Cuisinart, and miraculously, when I checked the Cuisinart web site on Wednesday, they had changed my status from "pending" to mailed. Ahh, I check the mail, low and behold, what do I find? My $40 check. Fantastic. Yes, I did send an email to the BBB to let them know that my complaint had been resolved. It took me less than a week to get it after the claim, and an entire month chasing down all the channels with Cuisinart. I think it is sad that I had to go out side the company to get it resolved, but I am thrilled to be done with the whole thing. I do have to say, this whole thing makes me wish Utah had some of the same laws that states like Ohio have. In Ohio, mail in rebates are prohibited. If there is a rebate, you get it at the register. No hassle. That would have been nice, especially after Black Friday. We had so many rebates out it was insane. We had more than $200 in rebates out. We got the others in no time, only had to fight the one.

I also just heard the greatest tip. Use vodka to clean your jewelry. Apparently it is great for dissolving all that crud that can gather under the stones and in the little detailing. I cant wait to try that out. Obviously, the cheaper the vodka, the better. And if you don't drink, it wont be a huge expense if it works. I'll check it out and report on that soon.

Today's Menu Stuffed Shells
1 large container ricotta cheese
1 lb shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1 egg
1 tbls Italian seasoning
2 tbls fresh parsley
3 cloves garlic, pressed
pepper to taste
1 jar favorite pasta sauce
1 box jumbo shells, slightly under cooked

Mix cheeses and seasonings with egg. Fill each shell with 1-2 tbls of filling. Cover with sauce and bake at 375 for 45 mins. Heads up, this will make a ton of shells. We give the kids each 3 shells and Jer and I eat 5 or so. With leftovers for Jer to take to work, I still get at least 2 meals out of this one recipe. I just take the shells I don't bake and freeze them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper then vacuum seal them so they come out as individual shells. When baking them frozen, I allow for 1 hr 15 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment