Wise cracking kids and dinner ideas. What more could you ask for?

Updates on kids and family, plus yummy recipes!!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Big Day

I went to the school today to help Tina move some of her stuff into her classroom. She gave us a tour. I am really excited about it. There is a ton natural light all over the building. PJ's classroom has balloons drawn on the ceiling tiles. The kids are really jazzed about it. This will be fun. There is only 3 weeks before the start of school.

After we did that, Tina and I took the kids to the Museum of Natural History. It's free the first Monday of the month. They had so many hands on exhibits, I didn't think the kids would ever want to leave. I think we spent the most time looking at the minerals, but the kids really liked the bugs too. There was a spider in there that was 2 inches long in the body. Apparently, it is common in the Utah foothills. Ewww! Hard to find, thankfully, as it is a nocturnal spider.

It was about 2:30 when we left there, and went to do some school shopping. We drove up the canyon to Park City. They had some pretty good jeans for only $10. They are pretty thick in the knees, so I am hoping that these jeans will hold up for the year. Needless to say, I left my house this morning at 8:30 and didn't get home until almost 6. Long day. But it was fun. I was super tired when I got home, but some of the best days are those that you are just running around making memories with your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment