Wise cracking kids and dinner ideas. What more could you ask for?

Updates on kids and family, plus yummy recipes!!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Perseid's

First, went to the Dinosaur museum Wednesday. More on that later...

This morning was the annual Perseid's meteor shower. I look forward to this far too much every summer. However, it does remind me that my favorite season is quickly coming to an end, as it is this time of year when the temps drop drastically. Last week it was in the 70s overnight, last night, the 50s. Ahh, what a show though.

There was a little bit of confusion about the peak of the shower. The news said 12-3 while NASA reported 4-5:30. Tina was planning to bring her family over at 4, light a fire, look through the telescope and have breakfast. In a cruelly fortunate twist of fate, Toby got sick at 12:30 this morning so we were up cleaning the carpets. Which woke PJ. So the two of us went out to "peek" at the shower. We were out there for less than 10 minutes and watched about 15 falling stars. So we went in to get everyone else. I don't know how many we actually saw, but we were outside for about an hour. I think we happened on the peak time. As Liza would say, it was lovely.

Jer woke me again just before 4. Needless to say, I did not want to get up. I sent Jer to turn on the lights so Tina would know we were up and she could come down at any moment. She called to say she thought it was too cold so her kids would be miserable. I laughed as she said she was going to bale. Fine by me. I crawled back into bed and didn't wake again until 9. I don't know when my kids got up, but apparently PJ was pretty upset that we didn't wake him up at 4 again. He was fine when Jer told him no one got up.

Oddly, I have had so much energy today. I just kept going. It wasn't until I got home from helping Tina in her classroom that it hit me just how sleepy I was. Still one of my favorite things to do. We didn't ever pull out the telescope, so we may do that again tonight. We got our hands on a nifty lens that doubles the power of the lens you are using. We have tried it out, and saw Saturn and it's rings super up close. Can't wait to see Jupiter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment