Wise cracking kids and dinner ideas. What more could you ask for?

Updates on kids and family, plus yummy recipes!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dazed and Confused

Yesterday I stated that Liza had been invited to a slumber party. I rashly stated that I would still let her go. After all, I don't want to be the mom that says "no" to everything. But I have really been having trouble with that choice. She is still only 6. I don't know what I want to do. Recently there have been some events that make me never want to let her out of my sight. I suddenly find that I can't trust my own instincts. AHHHH! I don' t know what I am going to do. I told Liza today that I could not let her spend the night; that it wasn't about her, but I just didn't think she was old enough. That sent her on an all day long quest to convince me that she will sleep like she would at home, be on her best behavior and that she will love me forever if I let her go. I told her I would let her stay until 9:30 or 10, and then take her back for the special breakfast. God, I am at a total loss. I have never doubted a decision so much. But then, this has just come at a really bad time for me. On one hand, I have a mom who says she will never let her kids have a slumber party. On the other, I have a mom who doesn't see what age has to do with it- Liza is certainly mature enough, it would not be the first time she was away from home. Jer says no way. I don't want to be the mom who shoots down everything. I feel like we are tough enough parents as it is. Other than age, I don't have any reason to say no. AHHHH! This is really not much more than a rant. I don't think I will actually decide what I will do until Friday. I think I will be on Jer's side. After all, if I talk to Savhanna's mom and ask her to call me when the other girls get up, I can take her over for breakfast. Savhanna is so close, you can actually see her house from my back door. AHHHH! I hate it when I doubt myself!

3 comments:

  1. I think 6 was when we started having slumber parties. Just tell yourself her being gone is just like when she is at memaws. And if the slumber party is that close, then if she decides she wants to come home, it is a quick phone call. For yourself, just plan something really fun for you and Jer to do with Porter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it, what could happen? What are you afraid of? Do you not trust the parents?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not that I don't trust the parents, but I have only met the mom a few times. And after some recent events, I have sadly learned that no matter how well you may know or trust someone, you just never know. And it's nothing like sending her off to Mima's. I wouldn't question this at any age when a grandparent is involved.

    ReplyDelete