Wise cracking kids and dinner ideas. What more could you ask for?

Updates on kids and family, plus yummy recipes!!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Busy summer

I have been super busy this summer. Between the activities I have lined up for my kids with the Lit n' Learning program and Music Movers, broken bones and birthday parties I feel like summer has flown by. I have taken pictures everywhere we have gone, but sadly, it seems that I have lost my camera. I had hundreds of pictures that I had not pulled off of my sim card onto my computer. This makes me sad. The pics at grandpa's farm, Porter's birthday, Liza's kindergarten graduation, all gone. Along with many many more. Swell. Maybe the camera will turn up. I hope so.

Anywho, here is a quick update on what we've been up to. Last week I took the kids to the capital building. I've never been. The kids loved to look at the rotunda. There was a little scavenger hunt available. We left for lunch at Memory Grove, and when all was said and done, the kids wanted to go back. They said they didn't get to see enough. I think I may just do that. They have tours every hour, so I think the next time we go, we will hop in on one of those.

This week, we headed to the planetarium. For all my love of space, I have never been. Did you know it is free? I didn't. Which is part of why I had never been. All you have to pay for are the shows. This would have been a great spot to have my camera. So sad. There are big displays for the kids to play on of the surfaces of the moon and mars. There is an actual space suit and planets scaled to a small section of the sun painted on the wall. One look and you realize exactly why Pluto was demoted. It was about the size of a bouncy ball. You know, the small ones you get from the dentist. We did take some time to catch Hubble. I thought there would be more about the things the telescope had captured. There was some, just not as much as I had hoped. But what we say was amazing. They take you actually inside the Orion Nebula. That was great. Since I can see that through my telescope. Although, it looks more like a smudge on the lens than anything else from here. After the planetarium, we wont to the fountain for lunch and to let the kids play a bit. Liza was soaked when we left, but it was so hot that she was almost dry when we made it back to the car. PJ crashed before we even hit the freeway.

In two weeks, the dinosaur museum. I get a break next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment