Wise cracking kids and dinner ideas. What more could you ask for?

Updates on kids and family, plus yummy recipes!!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I caved

I made Liza clean closets, make super nice with her brother, and do many pages in a first grade work book. But, I did let her earn her birthday party back. It will be on Saturday, but I have been busy working to pull it all together. The agenda will be to have a huge water slide, then a pinata and finally, the kids will make their own ice cream and have cake all before leaving. The other day, I spent about 3 hours making thick layers of paper machet wrap around a balloon. Finally the thing dried and tonight I put the tissue paper around it. I have to admit, I am a bit proud of it. And I am super excited about the party.

I am still having mixed feelings about letting Liza earn her party back. But I do think she finally learned something. I just wish that it didn't come down to all of this. It would have been so much more enjoyable if she had never lost her party in the first place. It would have been nice to have the week or two ahead of me to make all of this happen. Now I am rushed, but I think it will all work out super well. I'll let you know.

On another subject, PJ and I met his teacher yesterday. She seems really nice. All parties are looking forward to the next year. PJ will go in to be tested by Ms. Parker tomorrow morning. Then on to classes beginning Tuesday. They have a tool bench in the classroom- complete with power tools. I think there will be a few issues there. I had to practically pull PJ away from it when we were leaving, I knew I should have gotten him something like that for Christmas last year. Oh well. Maybe this year. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment